I attended the city hall meeting. Statement of topic was about the illegal parking.
There were many illegal parking. For example, some bicycles parked in front of the shop that Momoko worked at. One day, a little child injured because of this bicycle. So his parents complained to workers in the shop. But they couldn't take responsibly for it. There were 5 panelists and a moderator. Risa is a high school student. She goes to the school by bicycle every day. However she has no choice but to park her bicycle in front of the shop because there are no parking area. Miki is 30 years old. She is a city officer. Momoko is a shop staff. Her father is a guard of a parking area. Yoshiko is 20 years old. She works in the city center. Keiko is 18 years old. She always rides a scooter to the city center to attend a party every week. The party starts 10 p.m. But the parking area closes 10 p.m. So she parks her scooter in front of the shop.
Important points raised in the discussion was whether they should construct a new parking area or not and whether the parking fee is free or not.
The outcome of the discussion is that they decided to construct a new parking area opened 24 hours. And they set the parking fee 100 yen. If the city center can't maintain the parking area, they will increase the parking fee.
I thought we should not park our bicycles or cars in illegally place. I'm sometimes disturbed by illegal parkings. And I think the goverment should construct some parking areas.
I sometimes thought their main topic was not clear. But I understood the outcome of the discussion because they summarized their opinions in the end.